February 4, 2010

January Meeting of Meet You At the Sunset

For the first meeting of the month we thought we would speak about the holiday season and how you coped. What was it like for you? Did you do anything special in your childs memory? Tell us about it on your blog and then pop back over here and link your post in the Mr Linky below.

Okay, so this is my first time participating in this so here it goes! I hated the holidays. We never really had any plans for Christmas because Alexandra was due on December 20th. We were expecting to be taking care of a newborn baby. We thought we would have either been in the hospital having her or just leaving. Then all of a sudden we had to suddenly decide on what to do for Christmas and it just didn't seem right.  My husband and I decided to stay home just the two of us. I didn't want to see any of the extended family. I was not prepared to deal with the pity faces and the I'm sorrys all day. I hated the thought of going somewhere and pretending everything was fine. We went to both of our parents the day before and after Christmas just to spend it with them. On Christmas day we lit a candle for Alexandra and let it burn all day for her. We bought a few ornaments for her which we will hang on the tree every year. One was the letter 'A', another was a red butterfly and the other one was an angel. I plan on buying her an ornament every year. We also visited the cemetary. We tried to make the most of what we did have, which was each other. New Year's Eve seemed to be harder for me than Christmas. I don't remember crying on Christmas, but I did on New Year's. It felt like I was leaving the year I had Alexandra with me behind. Now I had to start a new year remembering her. I was glad to see the year end and I hated to see it go at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. My babies would have been newborns at Christmas time as well. I think the hardest part of the holidays for me was getting through my due date. It sounds like Alexandra is so very loved and was honored throughout the holiday season.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had mixed feelings about New Years as well. 2009 was a wonderful year in the beginning - getting married, pregnant, and finally meeting our beautiful daughter after a complicated pregnancy. And then 4 days later it all came crashing down and 2009 became the year with an awful ending. But it'll always be Matilda's year.

    I'm so sorry you didn't have your newborn with you for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Matilda was due on the 13th December so i was expecting to have a two week old to take care of on christmas day.. I'm sorry you didnt get to have Alexandra with you but I am glad you found solice in your partner.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The holidays just plain sucked. I am so glad that they are over. We would have had a newborn as well...just a few weeks old. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved