June 29, 2010

And here...we...GO!

I feel like the Joker in Batman for tonight's post. It is like I'm about ready to drop a bomb on all of my followers who read this blog. For some of them, this will be a fantastic post! But for many, it's going to be like something blew up in their face and their stomach has been punched again, right when they are least expecting it. I know because I have felt this feeling over and over and over again for the past seven months. It's that feeling you have like you have stepped one step back AGAIN and you are getting closer and closer to a corner. It's feeling so very alone and so far left behind.  So, for those of you who feel like this will be fantastic, keep reading!! Those of you who are my newest followers or have grief that is very fresh or have trouble reading about TTC, pregnancy, etc., you may want to turn away now. I'll give you a little bit of time to process this or for some to unfollow me, delete me from your blogs, whatever. I sure hope you don't, but I will definitely understand your reasons if you do.

Okay, do I still have some readers? What do I have, like ten now??? :-)  If you couldn't guess from the above, I'm pregnant. I found out, funnily enough, the day after Alexandra's seven month anniversary. The 16th of this past month was especially hard for my husband, so to find out after that day was almost too good to be true. While I don't want to burden Alexandra with anything related to her future brother/sister, it's almost kind of nice to think that she somehow gave a gift to her Daddy and me this month. I actually dropped everything at work that day (the 16th) to come home and be with my husband. That's how hard this past anniversary was for him.

Thinking back to that day, I remember my cat acting quite unusual towards me. He was looking at me funny, not leaving my side and being much more affectionate to me than usual. I was "due" that day too, so that's the only reason I would even begin to think that Loki might have been on to something. But I pushed the thought aside, told myself I was crazy and kept my husband company instead. The next morning was when I took the test and two little pink lines showed up right away, just like with Alexandra. Only this time, I ran into the bedroom, ordered my husband to turn the light on and confirm if what I saw was correct. It was something like, "Get up...do YOU see two lines?" He did.

Approximately seven to eight pregnancy tests later, and two visits to a "new" doctor office AND an ultrasound, it was confirmed today that I am around 5-6 weeks pregnant. I say 5 because that is what I was measuring at the ultrasound today. They told me 6 weeks yesterday when I saw my doctor, so now I'm really not sure which one to believe. But, the most important thing of all is we saw a heartbeat and we even heard it ever so faintly. I cannot even tell you the hoops I have had to jump through to get to that point. I wasn't supposed to have an ultrasound until next Tuesday, which would have meant another week of waiting and wondering, torture for anyone, who has lost a baby. I had an appointment yesterday. There was a miscommunication in the need for labwork (the miscommunication being...nobody told me I needed it before I left), so after that I came home and started spotting thanks to the exam my doctor did, which of course freaked me out enough to call them today. Then after a mixup of doctor offices (I was supposed to be at one, I went to the OTHER- it was just like Ross being at the wrong airport to catch Rachel!)... I finally bullied my way in to see our baby! What a day.

I'm scared. I'm happy. I'm relieved. I'm hopeful. I'm excited. I'm scared. I'm worried. I'm exhausted. Did I mention I'm scared??? I'm afraid of something terrible happening again. I'm afraid I will also lose this baby. I'm afraid I won't take this baby home. I cannot help but think all of these terrible, dark thoughts every day. But then I want to think positive at the same time and be hopeful. But damn, it's hard. I wish I had some kind of guarantee in all of this. Like, first baby died... you WILL take the next one home. If only life were that simple. If only I could stop thinking bad thoughts...if only Alexandra would have lived.

Despite all those bad, dark feelings I am having (and will continue to have), I have to look at two posts before this one and remember about that "new me"! I'm thinking of positive things. I'm thinking of good things. I'm hopeful that Alexandra will get her little sister/brother. I'm going to tell myself whatever happens, we WILL have that baby in our arms one day... and hopefully that day will be February 19, 2011 (give or take). :-) 

p.s. If any brave followers managed to get this far, this is probably the only post I'm going to talk about that is pregnancy related. I haven't decided whether or not to create a new blog for this new pregnancy. And quite frankly, the only reason I hesitate to really do that is, I'm lazy! I haven't made any announcements on Facebook yet, so for now, if you are on there, keep it on the down low. :-)  I probably won't even talk about it on there all that much. I don't want to turn into one of them....

31 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Maggie. And like I said on BBC, we will all be here to support you along the way!! Congratulations Sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Maggie!!! I am SO SOOO happy for you! How beautiful that you found out the day after Alexandra's 7 month anniversary. It's such a scary, exciting and bittersweet journey. I am hopeful for you and can't wait to follow your journey on pregnancy after loss. I am here for you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Maggie--congrats!! This is wonderful news. You definitely won't be losing me as a follower :) I knew the second I saw the title of this post! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! i am so excited for you!! it seems like everyone is getting their BFPs this month! i think it is a good idea to start a new blog about the pregnancy! i WISH i had had one for my little girl (even though we lost her) b/c then i would have more memories than just the occasional facebook post. I know a few women who have done this. they have their angel baby's page, and then their new baby's page. I feel that it may help you with the anxiety? it is a thought, and I would def be a follower:) best of luck, and all of my prayers for baby to stick and STAY stuck till it is time to come into the world crying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie, I will say this Congrats. I think it is ok to have all of those emotions. I have not even had the new round of treatments and I am alllllll of those emotions all at once. But..... I am going to trust and beleive that all will be well. I will be there to help pray you through this new adventure. I here you about whether to post on this page or to create a new one. I say, you have time to decide (Im with you on he lazy part.) I have seen with my own eyes from all of you ladies how writing things out is helpful. You decide and we are here to back you. Just to let you know, Im staying. Be Blessed
    Talisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!! YAY! Congrats to you and your husband! I don't know how anyone couldn't get through that post! I think that us moms that know the loss that you've endured are going to be even more excited for you! Make sure to keep us posted, we are all here to support you! I'm still grinning like a fool! This is the best news I've heard all day! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEP! I'm hopeful for you too! *big hugs*
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad for you Maggie. It is hard and scary and brings up a lot of conflicting emotions but remember - whatever you feel is OK and just take it one day at time. February is a good month - it's my birthday :-)

    Look forward to hearing about an long and uneventful pregnancy (excepting the crazy emotions of course).

    Maddie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yah for you, Mark and Alexandra!
    Such fabulous news!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Maggie I am so happy for you I just burst into tears! :') So so many congratulations to you and your husband. : ) I will not leave you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. :O omg!!! Maggie I KNEW IT! When I started reading I gasped! My boyfriend said WHAT WHAT cause he thought something was wrong lol. I am SO happy for you! Oddly enough ;) No but really I am...it's weird how I feel uncomfortable if someone else told me they were pregnant but my BLM's I am SO happy for them if they are. I am praying for you, your husband and Alexandra's little brother or sister. Seeee all this time Alexandra was interviewing all those little souls and she has found the perfect one for your family so that I am happy about! Anyways I'm off to bed I'll be smiling as I fall asleep because I am SO excited for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maggie Maggie Maggie.. CONGRATULATIONS honey xxx
    I knew from your blog title what was coming..and i continued to read, just like i will continue doing so!
    I am so happy for you, so, so happy for you xx
    Angel's Mummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Maggie,

    I am sooooooo happy for you:)))Congratulations!
    I wish you all the best.
    Be positive..I hope you will have no problems and have your baby in your arms in February 2011.
    Many many hugs for you..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I am so happy for hubby and you---AND ALEXANDRA! Know that you and sweet baby will be in my prayers this entire pregnancy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many happy (((hugs))) for you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!!!! I know what you mean about not wanting to put any pressure on Alexandra. I've said that Aidan will watch out for his future siblings, but in the keep an eye on them way. I also say, he's not God, he's Aidan so if something bad happens he couldn't change it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay!!!! congragulations!! i am so excited :) it is going to be a bumpy road, but worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's great news Maggie! It gives me lots and lots of hope to hear it:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you. I am still praying to be able to join this ride with you. Hopefully this next month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Maggie!
    You know, every time I'm having a really bad day, some small (or sometimes not so small) thing happens that makes it possible for me to make it through. I believe tiny little angel hands play a big part in that.
    I'm very happy for you.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so (fantastically) not a word...happy for you!!! YAYYYYY! I dont know how I missed this post! :) Congrats Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats, I am so happy for you. I am so glad you got to hear the heartbeat already. I hope to join you soon! XX

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG!!!!! How did I miss this post! I went to read your new one and you were thanking people for the congrats and I thought to myself "wait a minute!" and had to go this post!

    YAY!!!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!!! AWWW, THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD IN AWHILE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. FINALLY GOT MY FIOS INTERNET!!! Even though I knew this and congratulated you I HAD to leave my little jumping bean a congratulations!!! and to my sweet Alexandra, you are going to be a BIG sister, I am one too and its a really hard job, you are going to protect them and worry and take care of them too....Kisses my sweetness....

    to you and Mark, as usual, as always as I said for the past 3 weeks...WHAT A BLESSING...every feeling, i will be there...I will follow, I will cheer, cry, curse, scream, jump and dance all along with you...and DONT be lazy give your rainbow some sunshine too!! lol...besides, its fun to decorate...lol...xoxoxo...."And here we go" is the BEST title ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Maggie, i have only been a follower for a few weeks but i think your news in wonderful. I will continue to be here and read and support. I have been where you are now and it's scary, strange, wonderful and exciting all at once.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  26. ahhh what fantastic scary awesome news Maggie! i am so very chuffed for you!! i too am on this scary fantastic journey so know that you are not alone.. i am 19 weeks today and i am still scared outta my mind about this bubby coming home.. i havent FB announced yet and i dont think i will - not until the announcement can me announced with a photo of doting parents and child in toe.. this new bub is just about one of the worlds best kept secrets and the only people who know apart from close family are the people that see me at work! im sure you would understand this stance we have taken!

    anyways i rambling - im very excited - sorry! fantastic news!!!
    xxx

    ps - halle my cat was weird my first pregnancy - like she knew what was happening before we did... this time round.. she behaves like shes the one having kittens and is soooo smoochy with me and my lil belly!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is wonderful news!! Prayin for everything to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  28. YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!! I cannot believe that this has been posted for almost a week and I am just now reading it!!! Welcome to the rainbow club. Obviously, I hope that all continues to go well for you guys!! I will warn you, this process comes with a whole new case of cans of emotional worms...and the hormones do NOT help. :-P It is difficult to decide what to do in terms of blogging, I am sure you will figure out a happy medium. Looking forward walking with you down this road!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. congratulations, maggie :) i am happy for you, and think it is such a beautiful gift to get your BFP on that special day. thinking good thoughts for the next 9 months!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Maggie, I am so happy for you and Mark and especially for Alexandra!!! Alexandra will be such a great big sister watching over her baby sister or brother. This is great news! A beautiful rainbow for a beautiful mommy. We are all here to support you on this new phase of your journey. Sending you extra hugs and love!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am so far behind on blogs and catching up!! I saw this post and am so excited. Its quite a journey and if you need to chat, I am here. *huge hugs* I am very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved