June 24, 2010

Thanks, but no thanks.

Just when I said I was starting to run out of things to say, here I am double posting! Remember this old post? Well, the same person came back with a mighty vengeance with a "friendly" phone call to my husband. I want to think that it was well intentioned and I want to believe that she's worried and wants to help us...and she loves us. But, I've spent a good hour or so trying to forget this call ever happened. Here are a few choice pieces of "advice" she said... she was hurt that he did not see his Dad on Father's Day. My husband called his Dad that day. They talked about it. They understood we wanted that day to ourselves. It's nice to know that people are thinking of only themselves and thinking about how our lack of visitation affected them. Really? Then, my husband explained to her that he was home "celebrating" Father's Day with his wife. Then here comes my personal favorite. "But, you aren't a father. You WERE a father..but not anymore." Ouch. If I were my husband, I would have reached into the phone and strangled her neck and would have forced her to admit that he is in FACT... a Dad. It would be like a crazy movie, when someone has their foot to the person's neck, saying, "Say it!!!! Say it!!!! Say he's a Dad!!!" And then the conversation got even better ... "It's only been seven months, get over it! I want you to be happy again! I want to see you at family functions. I'm worried about our family!" Oh please. If you're going to say all that, then you can count me out of family functions, thank you very much. It amazes me people say things like this and expect us to "feel better" afterwards. How? Thanks for the helpful advice, but no thanks. People acting like this just make me want to not see them or talk to them or even bother! What's the point? And it bothers me because it's family. It's frustrating. It hurts. No matter how many articles or books I make them read, they will never understand. They won't bother reading, so it's definitely not worth my time. And did I mention this person LOST a baby?! Back in their day, maybe forgetting was how people handled losing babies. But not today, or at least not me! I'm not forgetting Alexandra, but I am beginning to wonder if I can forget about THEM. It breaks my heart that my baby is the cause of all this stress and disconnection in my family. How can one little girl create all this hurt? She didn't do anything. She was just a little baby. Stop bringing her into this and let us live our lives and deal with this grief in our own manner. All these "weeds" are not good for my garden. I don't need them and they are just one big annoyance. Anyone have a weed wacker? ;)

p.s. If people are wondering, my husband handled it like the good hearted soul he is. He said he understood how she felt, but said that he felt differently and loves his wife very much. He said people have hurt me and that hurts him. But he expressed his love to this person and said he would see her soon. Wow. Me? I was giving her the finger in the background and deciding to do the ultimate insult... delete her off of Facebook. I don't know how he handles everything with such grace. Just one of the many reasons I love him so much!

9 comments:

  1. Bah... I want to reach through here and slap that person too! I'm so sorry that you have to go through that! As ridiculous as it sounds, I think that its just making you a better person though! I guess the lesson you could take away from it is the person that you don't want to be! Sometimes I think its the situations in life like this that make us better people! It still isn't easy! xoxo! Don't let people like that get you down! Your too amazing for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That even makes me mad and I don't know you or your hubby irl! I want to slap her too! Grrrrr this is what punching bags were made for lol to keep us out of jail. ; ) She is obviously of a "certain type" and will not change. So just try and remember that she is lame like that and that she will undoubtedly do it again- and just chalk her up as insensitive looney. : ) Easy to say, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. "I'm worried about our family." If she's so worried what is she doing to HELP her family?! If she isn't willing to read what you've given or asked you what you need, she's only worried about herself!Obviously she hasn'r evaluated her own behavior if her previous conversation(s) weren't comforting to you. The definition of insanity is: Doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result. Yep, chalk her up as insane. OOOps, that wasn't very nice of me, but I feel like you are a friend and I don't like when people say stupid things to my friends OR their husbands! ERG! Please tell him I'm sorry his loved one has said something so hurtful. How wonderful a man he must be...sounds like he handled himself very well on the phone.
    HUGS to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's funny...I was typing at the same time as Anne so I didn't read her comment before writing mine..we were a bit on the same wavelink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know Maggie, i have realised that it is the people that are 'closer' to us that just do not understand how we are feeling.
    wishing you gentle days xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously?! "But, you aren't a father. You WERE a father..but not anymore."

    Where does this bitch live? I have loads of pent-up rage I'd like to unleash on her. What a horrible, hurtful thing to say. My husband is like yours--so gracious and sweet. He'd have handled it the same way, but if someone said that to me, I'd be a different story.

    I'm so, so sorry you have this person in your life to deal with Maggie.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie!!!! I CANNOT believe she said that!!! I want to kick her Ass!!! You know, I don't live that far away. I will do it!! OMG!!! I don't know how you can manage to stay quiet in this situation. I don't think I could! Kudos to you for taking the high road. But sometimes don't you feel like we do that too much! I want to start taking the 'low road' and giving everybody a piece of my mind!!! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. We're in your corner...always! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The nerve....Grrrr

    Your husband is very gracious indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggie, I am late in responding to this, but I was upset for you reading this....argh!! I would have gone off....

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved