One of the craziest things that I still cannot get over is this. A little over a month ago, we went to visit Alexandra. My husband and I were out that way and it was a nice day and I wanted to go and see if her headstone had been placed yet. I knew they would put it out whenever it started to warm up and that day was one of the first nice days we have had. We were still waiting for it and nobody had called us to let us know either way. My husband wasn't very sure and I insisted we that we go see, just in case. Low and behold, we drive to the cemetary and there it is. We were not sure when it was placed, but it looked like it was just done that very same day. The next day, my husband got a call that said the headstone had been placed the day before and we should come and see how it looked. And it's even crazier because when I went to visit Antoinette, she had mentioned the same thing! She kind of "knew" when it was going to be there.
I've always heard of a mother's instinct and since Alexandra died, I often wondered if it was still possible to even have that towards her. I'm pretty sure you can. :-)
Looking For You
5 years ago





















You took the words out of my mouth....I was just going to say I remember this conversation!!!!
ReplyDeleteI would not call in mothers instinct instead I would call it "daughters showing off".....they wanted us to see their beautiful stones...they wanted to let us see the way their names came out...unfortunately THIS way is not the one that made me smile...I love to see her name, but I could have lived without seeing it written there... **sigh** as usual....another thing on the list...what can i say THIS list is soon going to be its own blog..love you and thankful for everyday we have met...you have been there for me in my darkest hour and I can never repay you..xoxo
I think you'll always have that bond with your daughter! Thats something that never goes away!
ReplyDeleteI love that you had that instinct! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet. I totally believe we still have that motherly instinct. The connection you have with Alexandra is one that cannot be taken away, even by death. Xoxo
ReplyDeleteI believe you have that instinct and also that Alexandra knows her mamma and how much she is loved.
ReplyDeleteSo true Maggie, I think once you carry a child, you have the instinct forever. You are a great Momma!
ReplyDeletewww.thisadventureourlife.com
Good instinct :)
ReplyDeleteThat is definitely the definition of a mother's instinct. I am glad that the marker has finally been placed.
ReplyDeletelove and prayers
elena
this post makes me smile. That's the connection you and Alexandra have and will always have. (((hugs)))
ReplyDelete