June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I want to take a moment to wish all of the Daddys out there a day of peace and much comfort. I know they are expected to be strong and I know that a lot of people won't even think to wish them a "happy father's day", but they were fathers the minute that little heart started beating and nothing can take that away from them. So, to all the Dads, I hope today is a peaceful day. I hope they all know they ARE indeed Dads and deserve to be recognized this day like all of the other Dads who have children here with them on Earth.

Rather than repeat myself and say how much I wish Alexandra were here with us to celebrate Father's Day with her Daddy, and bitch about the fact that in order for most people to wish my husband a "Happy Father's Day", one of us has to TELL them first... I'll leave you with this poem. I think it says it all and it's a lot better than hearing me complain and rant...again. :-)

Don't cry for Me Daddy

Don't cry for me Daddy,

I'm right here.

Although you can't see me

I see your tears.

I visit you often,

I go to work with you each day,

And when it's time for you

to close your eyes ,

On your pillow is where I lay.

I hold your hand &

stroke your hair,

And whisper in your ear.

If you're sad today Daddy,

Remember, I am here.

God took me home.

This we know is true.

But you'll always be My Daddy

Even though I'm not with you.

We will never be apart,

For everytime you think of me,

Please know I'm in your Heart..........

~Author Unknown

7 comments:

  1. Tears.....I hate being in pain, but I hate even more how daddy's have to hide theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day to Alexandra's daddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, i have just posted the same poem!!!
    Love to Alexandra's daddy today, and to you too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Father's day to Alexandra's daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how this poem breaks my heart, today i let Anthony read the poem i posted for all the dads on FB and he just cried even harder....its just so sad to know that these words can be so touching and i agree with Michelle the dads have to be so "strong" that their sadness is so shocking, but they hurt just like us...oxoxo to Mark today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Father's Day to Alexandra's Daddy!!

    www.thisadventureourlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only one other person (my receptionist, of all people) wished Jeff a happy father's day. His parents didn't even think to just say it to him. I was so disappointed...

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved