June 27, 2010

A New Me?

I'm almost afraid to write about this because I know hours, days, weeks, or months from now, everything I'm about to say is going to be bullshit and I'll go back and think to myself, "what the hell was I thinking?" But for now, maybe I can just enjoy the moment and just do it. For the last couple of months, I honestly think that things have felt almost better. I say 'almost' because I doubt things will ever truly be "better". There is always going to be someone missing. Alexandra is always going to be gone and buried in the ground. People are always going to make me feel like crap when they say insensitive, thoughtless things. I'm always going to have to live with the fact that my firstborn daughter died and as far as we know, died for no reason at all. Despite all of that, I can honestly say that my days seem a little more "normal" than before. I feel a little more like me. I don't cry every single day anymore. I laugh a lot more than before and I can smile if I think of Alexandra. Just the thought of her used to make me want to break down into tears. I'm not sure if it's because it's been seven months since she has been gone or what? I don't want to put a timeline on my own grief, but I have to admit my days feel a little easier to deal with than before. Are there still bad days? Sure! Are there still moments I feel like I've been punched in the gut when I see a pregnant woman or newborn baby? Yes, every single day. Am I still bitter towards those who were able to bring their baby home with no trouble? Of course! But for the most part, I'm living my life and I'm coping as best as I possibly can. I think I should thank all of the assholes in my life who said terrible things to me in the past week and months too because thanks to them, I have finally realized what they say or think doesn't matter. They are ignorant when it comes to this type of loss. They won't know unless it happened to them. They are stupid for making a loss like this all about "them". Having the nerve to say any hurtful things at all just makes THEM look bad to everyone else, except their ignorant friends. I take great comfort in the fact that they can go on and say all the stupid, thoughtless, rude comments they want and look bad to everyone else who is supporting ME. Thank you for that and for making me a stronger, better person for it. So, here's to a "new" me! The new me that doesn't care about other people's opinions and thoughts on all this. Will they still hurt? Yes. Will I still bitch about it here after they are said to me? Probably. But will I let it get me down? I'll try my best for it not to. I'm going to try my hardest to think positive and be thankful for the friends and family who do support me and most of all for Alexandra. That's what is most important to me now and I think in the end, that's all that matters.

12 comments:

  1. I feel a bit more like myself these days as well. It comes and goes but I hope it lasts for both of us.

    Maddie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO curious to know if you wrote this BEFORE or AFTER you read MY post, because I feel like we are on the same "path" as far as telling those who bring us down to go F themselves....Im glad to see you have better days, it brings me hope, and I have to say that the good days I have ARE good...they just have not out numbered the bad yet, and that is because of people who have made MY grief all about them...that is why I am trying JUST like you to try and focus on the happiness alyssa brought me, and not the fact that everyone has forgotten her....WE have not forgotten them and that in itself makes me smile... :D YAY for the New Hopeful US!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you, it did seem like seven months has been the best so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that we all have those days - I feel more like the "before" me for days at a time and something tiny can put me right back to the "after" me.

    I hope the before maggie sticks around!!!!

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray that these new days continue. Sometimes it is difficult to see aspects of the old you, and the new you. In all actuality its just you, Maggie, or me Talisa, or Antoinette, etc. As we go through life our experiences shape us and mold us. We get stuck on life as we know it. Life is full of uncertaincies. When we face them, we take time to sort them out and then learn to deal with them. To me that is what the grief process is all about. I pray that the good days continue to outweigh the bad days. Like the song says "I won't complain" But, it is exceptable if you need to do so! HUGSSSS!!!!! Talisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((Hugs)) to you Maggie. I am inspired by your positive outlook :) There are all kinds of mean people in this world and you are totally right, we should not let them ruin our happy moments. The happiness comes from that beautiful angel of yours, she loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been working on a post with this same theme. I'm glad you're seeing better days Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's refreshing, isn't it?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am working my way from older to newer in your posts...I hope this has stuck for you! Many days I feel that things are 'better', but I wonder if it's because I am so busy that I don't have time to dwell. I wonder if it's because my time here in the BLM blogosphere has been limited and my exposure to the rampant raw pain and other emotions is relatively limited on a daily basis. Whatever it is, it's nice to not feel shitty all the time. But sometimes, I think the better the good days are, the worse the bad days are. :-( Kind of like the higher you climb, the harder the fall.... Hoping that the new you is still alive and well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved