June 14, 2010

A Dream

I had a crazy dream. At the time it seemed so good and so real...until the very end. I was dreaming that my husband and I were on vacation. We were just talking and all of a sudden, I asked about Alexandra. I wanted to know where she was and if she was doing okay. He said, "Maggie, oh yeah, she's at my parents and she's doing really well and we'll see her when we get home." I couldn't believe it. I felt so happy and so excited. I kept asking, 'She's at your parents?! She's at your parents?!' And I remember having these feelings of excitement and thinking, 'I can't wait to get home and hold her. I can't wait to play with her. I can't wait until I can dress her up in all her little clothes. Why the hell have I not been doing this before? Why don't I remember any of this? Oh, she's been there the whole time! She's just been away!' And then right at the very end of the dream, I don't remember coming home or anything like that. But I remember coming to a sudden stop and then I realized why. I never remembered any of those things because the real reason was because she died. She wasn't at my husband's parents. She wasn't just away somewhere. She was gone and buried in the ground. Ugh. Reality sucks. (and...why did my husband lie to me? He's always evil in my dreams! In real life... no way, quite the opposite!) :-)

8 comments:

  1. I want to think she IS just away... and you WILL see her again. I know I certainly hold on to that hope for us. <3 xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually he wasnt lieing to you....he was protecting you as he always does....To be honest, this dream (even though i know the truth) seemed so real, i wish you had amnesia and Alexandra was really there at their house...i wish you had just forgotten...reality does suck :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I am so sorry that must have been so heart wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mornings are the worst for me because I often dream I'm still pregnant or Stevie is alive with us and then wake up to face the reality once again that she's gone, that this really happened. :(

    I like what Annette (Lucid Anne) said though. She is just "away" and I too believe you'll see her and get to hold her in your arms again one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes night are the worst times of the days...dreams can be so heartbreaking. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh. that is just not fair. i have had dreams like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT would be nice if they were only away and we could still get them

    ReplyDelete
  8. :( I wish your dream WAS real! but maybe that was just Alexandra's way of saying she's alright. Even though she's not really at your husband's parents' house he still said she was OK. But UGH I hate the reality of it all when we wake up and realize it was just a dream.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved