April 10, 2010

99!

I can't help but feel a little down today. My SIL's shower is today. I'm sitting here writing on my blog I have to help me cope with the loss of my daughter while she's being showered with baby gifts and looking forward to her baby's arrival. I should be there as a happy hostess doing what she did for me back in October. My husband should be here taking care of our new baby. It doesn't seem fair and it doesn't seem right. Anyway...to get my mind off of this depressing topic, I'm going to answer my last two questions for my giveaway today and announce the winner tomorrow in my 100th post!

What song did you last sing out loud?

I think it was "So What" by Pink. Her music is nice and upbeat and sometimes angry, so I've been listening to her CD a lot lately. I like this part in particular right now. It has nothing to do with loss, but I like the "I'm alright, I'm just fine" part.

I'm alright, I'm just fine and you're a fool

So, so what, I am a rock star

I got my rock moves and I don't want you tonight

If you could be famous for anything ( even if you dont have that particular talent) what would it be?


I think I would love to be a rock star just for one day. I would like to be someone like Gwen Stefani. It has to be a great feeling to perform the music you've written and sing in front of millions of people who know each and every lyric. And when you think about it, music is a really big part of people's lives. I don't know how many songs I've come across that make me feel better or help me when I'm feeling angry or even happy. It just seems like a fun thing to do. I don't think I would want to live that life, but I think I would be okay with living that kind of life for just one day. I also wouldn't mind being Gwen Stefani for just one day either. She's married to Gavin Rossdale (who I still love to this day!). He was in Bush and this was my first concert I ever went to. My sister-in-law and I went when we were 16. Gwen also has two very cute boys.
:-)

So, there you have it! I think I've answered all my questions and I hope you had fun getting to know me a little more. It was fun answering them!

11 comments:

  1. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I hope those made it all the way to you just now :(

    I felt something was not right today and when i came on i came right here and now i know...Im sorry Alexandra isnt here today, im sorry that something so happy for your SIL has to remind you of what is missing...as much as you try to stay positive and keep busy there will be these things that bring us back...today is my SIL two kids' bday parties (or godchildren as well) and it would have been Alyssa's first party and instead i went to the cemetery today and now im here sharing yet another thing in common with you...i wish you some peace today..email me if you want to talk...

    Oh yeah about PINK I love that song too...she just says want you want to hear sometimes..and Gavin is and always was so hot...i also love David beckham Mmmm ok...sorry this is a kiddie blog...lol..hope i made you smile...i cant believe the questions are over...im a little sad, maybe you can invent something like marvelous mondays but a question day...think about it...it might be fun for all of us to jump on that bandwagon too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* I'm sorry about the shower. It sucks!! When I was still mourning my baby girl, my SIL was having a shower for her baby girl on the way (I think it was about 7 months after J passed). I went....but drank in the car before going. So I was kinda toasted, but no one knew.

    hey, didn't know but someone recently told me there was a passage in the bible that states, 'when someone is in mourning, give them wine'.
    so I guess I had that part down.

    PINK is great for anger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, I loved reading all your answers to our Q & A's!! I am sorry about the shower. ((Hugs)) to you my dear!! You are a rock star! Thanks for answering all those, that was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. maggie-
    my SIL situation has been the biggest thorn in my side. she last week wrote me a really nasty email about how irresponsible i am for getting pregnant so soon after losing the baby. that surely i or my baby is going to die, cause i can't POSSIBLY be healthy enough to do this. she says all this, belly full of a baby girl. and i think why does her smug ass get to keep her baby girl? i would never treat her the same.

    anyhow, even before all this it was difficult to mearly be in a room with her, much less listen to her talk about her baby...like she did all through Aquila's funeral...
    sorry about my comment being all about me, but you talking about your SIL reminded me, and i dont want to talk about it on my blog because she reads it! (sometimes..well rarely) and i thought you would definantly care and understand!
    much love to you and strength for the shower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Maggie... now Pink and Gwen Stefani... are we related somehow... we have a lot of similarities. When you become a rock star can we all get BLM backstage passes?! (A little humor to pick us all up?)

    I don't want you to stop answering questions, okay? It is really fun to get to know you and your family.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to my first baby shower today too, But mine is for a friend who is a fellow BLM so i think it is going to be easier going to hers then it would for someone who didnt get it.

    I LOVE pink, she would definantly be my all time favourite artist, i went to her concert last year and that was the first concert that i had ever been to, it was amazing.
    I also love you answering questions so dont stop :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be hard with the baby shower going on today. I wish I had some magical words to make you feel better. I will settle for I am thinking of you and sending you many HUGE hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is it with sil today. I went to a party today and my sil insenstively brought up the topic of giving birth. Yeah excatly what I need when I'm already doing my best to avoid flashbacks, well she asked me questions about giving birth to my son while completely acting like I never gave birth to Gracie.

    Maybe we need to start a secret place to post nasty comments about sils.

    I too would like a back stage blm pass when you become a rockstar. Really you already are:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry about the shower, it sucks that we have to dread these events rather than be excited for them. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooohhh.....angry girl band music! I bought the Pink CD about 2 weeks after Gracie died. Can't be beat, especially when mixed with a little Alanis. Hope you made it through the day yesterday. Baby showers suck. Luckily there have not been any for me to go to since Gracie died, as most of the folks around us are on number 2 or number 3....but I have skipped out on several bridal showers, since there always seems to be a plethora of pregnant women there, too. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love love love "So What" and sang it several times thinking about all the people who have not been there for me since I lost Jonathan. I also love Gwen Stefani.

    *hugs* Thinking of you today and hoping are ok.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved