April 2, 2010

Winnie the Pooh

Question #2!

Where did your love of Winnie the Pooh come from? Was Alexandra's nursery going to be Pooh?

I've always loved Winnie the Pooh. I'm pretty sure that's what my own nursery theme was! So, maybe I grew up with it. :)  I think my crib had something of Winnie the Pooh on it and I had a quilt. Its story was just so sweet. Everything about it. I loved the characters, especially Eeyore and the sayings and quotes you hear from it are so very sweet and actually mean something (more so now)! So, when I became pregnant with Alexandra the theme just seemed to be a natural choice for me. Then I found cute Winnie the Pooh things everywhere for her room and I had to have it be her theme!  I also got her the cutest pink Winnie the Pooh sleeper that I was going to use as her "coming home" outfit. It was for winter months and my due date was in December, so I was looking forward to using it for her. Instead I dressed her up in another Pooh onesie and buried her in it, Pooh bear and all. *sigh* I can only hope her brother/sister likes Winnie the Pooh as much as she would have and as much as I do! Because...their going to be stuck with it, no matter what! :-)

6 comments:

  1. Maggie I knew why you loved Winnie the pooh, but seeing her nursery Uhgg ((((hugs)))) so cute!! You are really pooring your heart out with the questions. Im proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, you are doing a great job with these questions :) I love reading and THANK you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, thank you for sharing. Jonathan's nursery would have been Winnie the Pooh. Hubby and I love the story as well. We never set up his nursery and now we are debating as to whether or not our next child will have the same theme. Love hearing the answers to these questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love tigger when i was a kid, he was always my favourite, i still even watch the tigger movie sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure Alexandra's siblings will love Pooh because they will immediately get a sense of how much you love him (and the theme) and how much it means to you. As they get older and hear more about the significance in relation to you growing up and their big sister it will become even more meaningful!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved