April 14, 2010

Umm.... can I pass?

That's right, double post day today! Only because I opened up my e-mail and saw this:

Hi Everyone!
This year, the March of Dimes is partnering up with Focus Films and the upcoming movie “Babies”
We wanted to say thank you for all that you do for the March of Dimes, and you have been selected to receive an electronic “certificate” for 2 free passes to view the movie, which opens Mother’s Day Weekend.
Please feel free to use these passes for yourself or pass them along to people that will enjoy the movie. The passes will be sent to you via email after April 27th.
A little about the movie: Everybody loves... BABIES. This visually stunning new movie simultaneously follows four babies around the world - from first breath to first steps. From Mongolia to Namibia to San Francisco to Tokyo, BABIES joyfully captures on film the earliest stages of the journey of humanity that are at once unique and universal to us all. The children are, respectively, in order of on-screen introduction: Ponijao, who lives with her family near Opuwo, Namibia; Bayarjargal, who resides with his family in Mongolia, near Bayanchandmani; Mari, who lives with her family in Tokyo, Japan; and Hattie, who resides with her family in the United States, in San Francisco.
Thank You again for all that you do for the March of Dimes – Enjoy the Movie!

Awesome. A movie that opens Mother's Day weekend...and is all about babies around the world..first breath to first steps. I'm very happy for my involvement with March of Dimes and I"m thrilled that I have surpassed my goal! ...but I think I'm going to pass on this movie. No good can come out of seeing this movie right now, free pass or no free pass. I think I'll go see Sex & the City 2 instead...even though Charlotte does nothing but complain about having kids. I'll forgive her. Being a Mom is hard, I get that. But being a Mom to a dead baby...even harder. Just my own personal opinion.

8 comments:

  1. From the mom of both a living and a dead baby, you are right - being the mom of a dead baby is waaayy harder. Huge hugs! I am kind of hoping to ignore Mothers Day this year, but I am not sure it will work..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, I am confused? A kind gesture, yes. However they do know that the majority of families walking are doing so in honor of the babies they have lost, right? It seems a little backwards to me.

    Sex & The City 2 on the other hand... can't. freakin'. wait!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed being mom to a dead baby is much harder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I know what you mean....WE can now add sex and the city love to our list....im contemplating that being a first get out of my house and live a little movie, but its still on the back burner...lol...I am walking for march of dimes on april 25. I finally ok'd it with the girls...I know im mentally not ready to admit 'YES IM THAT MOTHER' but i need to do this for our babies....double post, im loving this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Mother's Day. I hated that day last year. It was so painful and no one remembered (except DH) to acknowledge that it was my mother's day, too.
    I can't wait for Sex and the City. I'm hoping Nora stays put so that I can go to the movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog from another BL mom's blog and I just wan to say how sorry I am for your loss. It is the hardest thing anyone can go through. I am so glad we have this community who understands each other.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica died the day before Mother's day and I birthed her on Mother's day. I can't imagine watching a film of happy babies on that day...or really anyday. Maybe we should go see a thriller of some sort on that day instead

    ReplyDelete
  8. very strange that March of Dimes is focusing on a movie about healthy babies. You would think they would want to focus on what happens in pregnancy. I swear I am such the downer when people tell me they are pregnant. I am not naive. Argh!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved