April 28, 2010

Happiness fairy


I just thought this was sweet. We could all use a little happiness fairy, couldn't we? In the last couple of weeks, I've heard countless people say that a) their kids have "ruined their lives" OR that "if you have kids, they will ruin your life", and b) they should have never had kids in the first place or that being pregnant isn't worth it. Really? You're really going to say all that? It really irritates me when people mention these things. Either don't have kids then or be thankful for the children you do have and be thankful nothing bad has happened to them and they are still living with you. Because there are a ton of bereaved parents everywhere who would do anything to bring their children back. It's hard to say if this would irritate me as much if I had Alexandra here with me. Would I be complaining about her crying all the time now? Would I be so annoyed that I was up all night with a crying baby? Would I feel stressed out taking care of her? Hard to say and I wish I knew. The one thing I've learned from all of this is to cherish what you have because you might not have it one day. In a sense I was very aware of this because grief wasn't anything new to me, but I guess Alexandra made me realize it that much more and made me want to be the very best Mom possible to her and to her future brother/sister. That's all I can hope for.

3 comments:

  1. i wish you were "complaining about her crying all the time" because that would mean she was here with you ((bear hug)) It surprises me less with what people will say, even knowing I can read their FB posts for example "my children want to keep watching the Princess and the Frog, if i have to watch it one more time" and i tell her (cause she is my friend she doesnt get mad) WATCH IT SINCE YOU CAN WATCH IT WITH THEM...sh*t, i have to watch my disney movies all alone and hope that Alyssa is there in spirit watching with me...I like this post...i wish i had a happiness fairy, ill even take a happiness mosquito lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. not all people complain about thier kids. (i only complain in limited circles of people for limited people..but try to in all things remember what blessings they are (even when one just vomitted in your hair..sigh) it irks me and always has. even before i lost a baby it annoyed me to no end when people would complain about not getting any sleep because of thier baby. umm what did you expect? enjoy those late night rocking sessions, because they don't last and there are plenty of people who would do anything to have a baby in arms. i have so many friends with babies right now all griping about lack of sleep. yeah, well i don't sleep either, but it isn't a sweet crying baby keeping me up, but haunting memories of my dead one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little cartoons that you find! I have often wondered if I would be the one complaining loudly (without a single thought about the possible alternatives) about not sleeping for 3 nights straight or about baby reflux or about how I can't just drop everything and to go somewhere or do something. Amazing how one life event changes our perspective sooooo much.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved