April 3, 2010

Alexandra

Question 3!

What is your strongest memory of Alexandra?

This is a tough one! Even though my time with Alexandra was so short, I have lots of memories of her. I was thinking of this question and I could say little moments during my pregnancy with her like the first time I felt her move or listening to her heartbeat nearly every day, but I think the strongest memory I have of her is the very last. It was when I was finally brave enough to hold her. I remember feeling so afraid of seeing her after everything that happened. I'm not sure why. I think I thought it was going to be too hard and too sad. But the moment my husband handed her to me it felt so right. There she was, my daughter I had waited so long to see. She was perfect and tiny, all 5 lbs. of her. It felt so natural to hold her and I wanted nothing more than for her to wake up. She just looked like she was sleeping. She had a head full of hair and her skin felt so baby soft. Even though I was on lots of drugs from my c-section, I can remember this moment and I think it's my favorite because it was the moment I held her for the first time. I only wish I could have held her more.

* Here is the prize for my giveaway! I love these little Willow Tree figurines. This one is an Angel of Remembrance.

9 comments:

  1. I was afraid of seeing my boys too, i think because not long before they were born i was told that they wouldnt look right so i was worried about that too, but as soon as they were born they were put onto my chest and my fear totaly went away it changed to love. It was an amazing feeling.
    The willow tree figurines are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you had a lifetime of memories. That Willow Tree figure is so sweet - I have the hope angel beside our wedding pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((hugs)) to you Maggie, many hugs. Thank you for sharing! The willow tree figurines are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious memory of your sweet Alexandra. Hopefully we all can hold on to the good memories and let the bad memories go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie, that is a special moment.. i too wish i could have spent more time holding my little girl... i wish i could have bought her home.. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love learning more about you and your Alexandra. xo Thanks for sharing with us. It's nice to get to know one another a little more.

    Love the figurine. So simple and so meaningful.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG you are right!!! We had/have the same thoughts lately...I cant believe it, down to the sleeping part...its amazing..but what sticks out is how much we LOVE these babies..I just got the chills because its the summary version of my post..."great minds think alike" goes a long way with this one :).....((((Hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie, I wish she would have just opened her eyes for you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggie, I remember being so afraid to hold Ella as well. I asked the doctor to just take her out of me. I'm so glad I held her. I wish I held her longer... forever...

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved