April 14, 2010

A little more like me

Wow, I cannot tell you how aggravated I am that I just finished writing an entire post and for whatever reason I get "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem, send or do not send error report?" Argh!! WTF!!! With that being said, there goes my eloquent post for today!

Anyway, I will try and remember what I said. I feel a little more like Maggie today. I think it's the sun. It hasn't been out the past couple of days and I think a little vitamin D helped. I love the rain though. Waking up and hearing it rain on my window makes me feel so happy and I always just want to stay in bed listening to the rain. But days when it's just plain overcast and grey...depressing. Maybe a little sunshine helped. Sunshine is good for the soul and a broken heart.

Today I bought Mother's Day cards for my Mom and Mother-In-Law without any problem. I almost feel like I reached some kind of milestone. I never thought buying a Mother's Day card would be considered something to be proud of one day. I saw cards for 'New Moms' and cards for 'From Granddaughter to Grandma'. I want to buy those cards...but instead I went over to the garden aisle to see if there were any butterfly stakes that I could put next to Alexandra's grave because hers blew away during the winter. Boo. That's what I call DE-PRESS-ING. But in some weird way I felt peaceful and good doing it. I was buying something for my baby and it made me feel happy. Some Moms buy their kids toys to play with. I buy my daughter things for her grave so it doesn't look empty and alone. Double boo. But the important thing today is I felt a little more like me and I haven't felt like that in days. The whole baby shower thing really got me down and I didn't even go! What happens when the baby is finally here? I'm afraid to even think. We'll cross that bridge once it's here. For now, I'll just be glad I'm me today. :-)

6 comments:

  1. Aww, cheers to sunshine, milestones, butterfly stakes, Alexandra, and you!

    I am so glad you had a nice day.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, I am soo happy to hear that you have a sunshine day! I love rain also, although it is nice and refreshing to feel the warmth of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie we are the same i like rain or sun no in between its like an oxymoron but what ever!!!! I love the butterflies for the baby, and i know she loves them too!! If and when the day comes that your niece is born you know I will be right here crying with you..not because she is born but because our daughters werent...just like you have been there for me....no difference at all...I also have a big problem with having a nice good post all ready to send and the computer freezes, so instead of taking it as the internet sucks, I take it as Alyssa doesnt really like what I am saying so i step back, think about what I was writing and I usually can "see" her point and make a change...do you ever feel like you are talking to her? Cause I talk to Alyssa all the time and I really feel like she not only listens but sometimes answers me back with a little sign....I have a feeling you may get a little sign when you decorate her grave...depressing I know, that is all we get to have...you deserved more your a great person...im sorry you have only this...but do it with pride mama make your babies space look really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you felt more like yourself today. I'm starting to feel this sometimes and it's a good feeling. I went into my office today for the first time since Matilda died and was actually surprised by how OK it felt. As long as I didn't start thinking about how I should be in there showing off my baby it was nice to catch up with people and be distracted from how empty my life seems at the moment. I've been working from home for the last couple of months (only 1 day a week) but I think I'll start going into the office more regularly.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found sunshine to be so healing at times.
    I'm so glad you felt more like you today.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sun really can help...take the good days while they are here because we never know when one is lurking around. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved