Questions 6 & 7
1. How did you pick the name Alexandra? - I don't think you have said that before
When I was pregnant, everyone around me was convinced I was having a boy. Why, I don't know. After a while, I became convinced as well. So, for a boy, it was going to be Alexander. It was a strong name, not common and my husband and I both liked it. I wanted an "Alex" just like Alex P. Keaton on Family Ties! Haha! Not really, but I did like that show and that character. I remember playing house and my husband's name was always Alex. So, Alexandra was the female version of that name and also very pretty and strong. There wouldn't be too many Alexandras in her classes at school! When we found out it was a girl, that was the natural choice and I like it even more now. Alexandra Grace, such a pretty name. I wish she was here to hear it said every day. I guess I'll have to hope she can hear it wherever she is now. :-)
2. How did you and your husband meet? I love these stories!
I met my husband through my SIL. We were best friends since the fifth grade and he was just her older brother. He was there when I went over to play with her. He picked us up from movies and took us to mall trips many times and even picked us up from high school sometimes before we could even drive. After a few years and after college, we started dating and it turned out that he was the right one for me all along and we didn't even know it! I'm so glad and feel so lucky to have him as a husband and father for Alexandra. He makes me laugh every day and has been so supportive of everything. I think Alexandra has brought us even closer if that's even possible. She would have worshipped him and definitely would have been 'Daddy's little girl'. I really wish I could have seen him help her grow up!
Looking For You
5 years ago





















This is another great post Maggie! How fun that you have known your husband soo long! My husband and I have known each other for about 15 years now, dating for like 13 years this year! I love the name Alexandra Grace, what a beautiful name you and your husband choose for her.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful name. And I love the new template!
ReplyDeleteI love reading these posts and getting to know you better. Alexandra Grace is a beautiful name. One day you will call her by name and she will hear you. Big hugs.
ReplyDeleteI love the story of Alexandra's name and how amazing is it that you knew your hubby all along. Sounds like a true romance :)
ReplyDeletehello Maggie,
ReplyDeletepls send me your email addy, i have something for you...
Angel's Mummy
Maggie, as usual, we are in each others brains, even while we were pregnant with these babies...that is amazing to me :)
ReplyDeleteSweetie she hears her name and she loves it, she probably picked it out too :)
Your story of you and your husband is really nice because you also got to grow up with him and be his friend first and I believe the friendship part is what makes going through this with them even better because a true friend will see you at your worst and still be there for you...
God blessed you with him and her :)
Alex P Keaton! Haha! My fellow Canadian!! I think I like you just a little more today knowing that, Maggie! ;)
ReplyDeleteI have always loved the name Alex for a boy and a girl. It's a good strong name.
And as for you and your husband? Total sweetness!! I love that you have known one another for soooo long and here you are today, together, married, Alexandra Grace's parents, and the future in front of you stronger today than ever before!
xo
I love the sweet story of how you guys met! And I know she definitely would have been daddy's girl. *sigh*...daddy's girl...makes me sad
ReplyDeleteI always loved the name Alexander. I too thought I was having a boy when I was pregnant with Ella and she was going to be Evan Alexander. :)
ReplyDelete