April 23, 2010

Have a great walk!

I just wanted to send out best wishes and lots of thoughts and hugs to those of you who are walking this weekend. I hope you have nice weather, good people to walk with and an overall nice day. I've never walked, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. I'm a little nervous about seeing babies and strollers, but everyone walking has a reason, so I find that comforting to know. I'll be thinking of all your sweet babies and keeping them each close to my heart while I walk for Alexandra.
I am truly touched by the amount of donations I have received. A grand total of $1,175.00!! I wasn't even sure I would make my goal when I started, but I passed it! Lots of thanks go out to my co-workers. The majority of donations came from the attorneys/assistants I work with and that makes me feel so supported. Am I a little disappointed more of my own family didn't donate or acknowledge the walk? Yes, I admit it. There, I said it. That has been eating at me for weeks! But the people who have acknowledged it or donated, thank you. It means more than you know.

Have a great weekend everyone! I hope everyone's walks go well.

6 comments:

  1. Maggie, good luck on your walk! I did the Susan G Koman one...It was a lot of fun!! You will do awesome and Alexandra will be very proud of her Mommy! Go Team Alexandra!!!! Cheers :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same disappointment regarding the lack of donations from family. My sister is serving with the Peace Corps in Africa - she is broke and obviously cannot be here. My parents and Jeff's parents are walking with us and donating money, and one of his aunts donated $10. Otherwise, our families have been a huge disappointment, especially since we come from large families (my dad is one of 14 and his dad is one of 8...). *Big sigh* I hope you have good weather tomorrow and an enjoyable time with those walking with you. Will be thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a fabulous day, Maggie!
    3 cheers for Team Alexandra!
    Hip Hip Hooray!!
    Hip Hip Hooray!!
    Hip Hip Hooray!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to pics and your follow up on how it went. Will be thinking of you and Alexandra!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the fund raising, that is great - I hope you have a good time. I am sorry your family did not support you more, hopefully they will next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT TOTAL MAGGIE!!!! WooHoo....you know how I feel about the word "family" these days....DNA doesnt always mean family, you are family to me too :)

    I am so proud of you for walking this Sunday in spirit with me...Thank you so much for the ecard..you always know what to do....Lets do the "no rain" dance cause of course we are having a 70% chance of rain, but i figured hey, if i could get that 40% chance of "no reason" result anything is possible right...(((hugs)))) and do not pay attention to much to the babies and strollers..keep your head high and remember the girls are with us that day too...xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved