April 7, 2010

Post 96!

Questions 8 & 9

Aside from wanting to be a mother, what is your passion in life? Is it a different passion post-Alexandra...or is it the same (but perhaps changed just a bit to reflect the changes in your life)?

I guess my passion in life has changed a few times. Before I was married it was hoping to find that perfect someone. Then I got married and I'm not sure if I really had a passion to be a mother, even then. It was always something I wanted to be, but like I've said before in this blog, I never really knew how much I wanted to be one until I lost Alexandra. So what is my passion now? I think it is to try my best to keep Alexandra's memory alive. I'm so afraid of people forgetting her. I feel like a lot of people act as if I never had a baby and it hurts. We'll mention her name and we get silence or a lot of heads looking down to the floor, not exactly sure what to do. I hate that. I would like people to remember her. It makes me so sad every time I go to the cemetary and nothing is there, except maybe whatever we left. I know this kind of relates more towards Alexandra, so if I have to pick a passion that is purely a "Maggie" one, then it would be my marriage. :-)  I want to be a good wife and best friend to my husband. I want to be one of those cute old couples you see sitting on a bench whom you just admire because you know they have been together for so long. Just looking at them is an example of pure love. And that one hasn't changed since Alexandra. I think I've always wanted that since my wedding day. I cannot think of anything else I have a clear passion for, so that's it!

What is your favorite childhood memory from when you were little?

I think my favorite memory is hanging out with my Grandpa. I had the best Grandpa (or at least that's what I like to think). He was more than a Grandpa to me. My Dad died when I was only eight so he kind of played the father/grandfather role for a while and I spent tons of time over there while my Mom was working. So, death was nothing really new to me, except I never would have thought one day I would have to deal with my own baby's death. Anyway, I have a lot of fond memories with him. Camping and going to the airport to watch planes take off are memories that really stand out. Neither of which I would ever do today! I hate camping now, I'd rather be in a fancy hotel! And you just aren't allowed to watch planes take off from the airport where we used to go. It was some closed off field and we would sneak in there with lunches and just watch the planes fly overhead. It was pretty cool. He wasn't just a Grandpa, he was a best friend. As I got older I would call him on the phone and we would talk like best friends. It feels good to know Alexandra has such a wonderful great-grandpa with her now. I hope they are having fun together and I hope he's teaching her everything he taught me! The riding a bike and driving will have to wait. She's a little young for that. :-)

7 comments:

  1. Im reading your answers tonight, and although each day i love to learn more..i feel like TONIGHT i got something out of it too...

    As soon as i read the part about losing your dad I stopped and thought WOW now just like his dad scooped you up and took care of you and taught you things just like your dad would have, he is now doing this very same thing for you...Just like his dad did...Alexandra must be having so much fun with them...The little butterfly that she is must be flying right next to those same airplanes you loved to watch....such a sweet story...

    This is a really good idea you started, we are learning a lot about you and your sweet little girl...NO ONE will forget Alexandra here that is for sure..xoxoxo thank you for always being here for me you are MY angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will always remember Alexandra with you. I wish it were easier for people in our real life to do that with us, too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Maggie! I am sure your grandpa and Alexandra are having fun together! I think our passions change all the time, but I agree, some stay the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, what a sweet memory of your grandpa and now such a wonderful thing to think of them having a good time up in heaven. Rembering Alexandra with you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post! I love your passion too, so sweet! I love seeing old couples too, and to think of all that they have probably endured together is just so beautiful.

    Your grandpa sounds like such a wonderful blessing in your life. The airplanes sounds fun! And yes, i believe he is willing and ready to teach your Alexandra all those things when she gets big enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The story of your grandpa is so sweet, I am sorry you lost your dad at a young age.
    I also hope to be an old married couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry you lost your Dad at a young age. *hugs* I can so relate to the stories of your grandfather. It is so wonderful to know our grandfathers are watching over our sweet babies.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved